Some quick tips for any of you out there that are having problems getting the P2K Commander software to connect your Motorola V3 phone (RAZR compatible) to your PC computer.
If P2kCommander dont recognize your phone please make sure to check the following:
- Make sure you have the latest version of P2k Commander software. It can be found here.
- You must be running at least one of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows XP SP1. There have been some successes with Microsoft Windows Vista.
- You may need the Microsoft USB patches installed, although not required if you are running Microsoft Windows XP SP2. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&familyid=733dd867-56a0-4956-b7fe-e85b688b7f86&displaylang=en )
- The P2kdrivers must be installed, which are bundled with P2K Commander after version 2.8.
- If your phone is connected by USB and P2kCommander is started, try to connect your phone. The new devices must be appear and you must be point the p2kdrivers path to load it on your system.
- "hidden folders" which are not shown in filelist but are shown when viewing the phone: These are empty folders.
- P2kfilesystem does not show empty folder, but the phone does. To remove recreate the folder and delete it.(the folder not the files)
Read more of this post!