Well, it seems like everything needs a Daylight Savings 2007 (DST) patch, even your Blackberry. The word on the street is that Microsoft's tools for Windows XP, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Outlook have been a disaster for a lot of organizations. However, I have applied my DST patch for my Blackberry. To Apply the Patch: It is recommended that you back up your BlackBerry using the Backup and Restore function in Desktop Manager. Learn more about backing up your device The Daylight Saving Time patch to the BlackBerry software is licensed to you on the same terms and conditions as those under which the BlackBerry software was originally licensed to you.
The process was quite a bit more complicated than the Blackberry support site made it seem. For that reason, I have created an enhancement to their knowledge base article. Here is the information in a guided tutorial with pictures, good luck!
View the list of currently patched software versions. As more versions are patched this table will be updated appropriately. Note: Patches are not available for Beta software.
IMPORTANT: New patches have been posted for software versions prior to v4.0.0, but those earlier than v3.8.0 are ONLY available for loading via USB at this time. For more information, please view the list of supported software versions. Patches for versions not presently supported are targeted for release in the near future; please check back frequently for details.
To apply the Daylight Saving Time patch to your BlackBerry device using USB please reference the following system requirements and follow these steps.
1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software if it is running on your PC.
2. Disconnect your BlackBerry Device from your PC. You'll be prompted to reconnect it with the USB cable.
3. Go to DST Patch Loader. Note: If Internet Explorer or your Device stops responding please view KB12188. (Download the file DSTUpdateLoaderUSB.msi, which is approximately 600k)
4. Execute the patch file, DSTUpdateLoaderUSB.msi
5. Click 'Next' to start the installation process.
6. Click 'Install' to install the patch file.
7. Click 'Finish' to complete the patch installation.
8. Connect your Blackberry via USB and refresh the DST Patch Loader page. Click on 'Install DST 2007 Patch'.
9. When the application loads, click on the 'Start' button.
10. Once it finishes, click on the 'Close' button.
11. A reset may be required and it will usually take up to 15-20 minutes. My 8700c took about 5 minutes.
12. Once the patch is applied you can view the status of the patch in Options-2007 DST Patch.
Daylight Saving Time patches are available for all BlackBerry devices running version 4.0.0 or newer device software and select pre-4.0 device software versions. View the full list of available patches for more information. If your device is running an unsupported version please refer to your wireless carrier support site to retrieve the latest software for your device. Alternately, a BlackBerry device upgrade program is available for US and Canada ONLY.
Guide, Manual, Installation, Install, Tutorial, Step-by-Step, How to, Instructions
This guide is compatible with or the compatibility includes: BlackBerry 7750, BlackBerry 7510, BlackBerry 7280, BlackBerry 7780, BlackBerry 7130e, BlackBerry 8700g, BlackBerry 8700r, BlackBerry 7100t, BlackBerry 7100v, BlackBerry 8700v, BlackBerry 7230, BlackBerry 7250, RIM 957, BlackBerry 8700f, BlackBerry 7100g, BlackBerry 7520, BlackBerry 7130c, BlackBerry 7105t, BlackBerry 7290, BlackBerry 7100i, BlackBerry 7130g, BlackBerry 7100x, BlackBerry 7100r, BlackBerry 7130v, BlackBerry 8700c, BlackBerry 8707v, RIM 850, BlackBerry 7730, Blackberry 8700, Blackberry 8800, Blackberry Pearl, Blackberry 8705g, Blackberry 8703e
To Apply the Patch:
It is recommended that you back up your BlackBerry using the Backup and Restore function in Desktop Manager. Learn more about backing up your device
The Daylight Saving Time patch to the BlackBerry software is licensed to you on the same terms and conditions as those under which the BlackBerry software was originally licensed to you.