Motorola RAZR V3 – How to install Google Mobile Maps – Directions, Traffic, more! – Step-by-Step Guide
Want an easy way to get directions, see real-time traffic in you area, and even satellite pictures of where you are, all from the comfort of you Motorola V3 RAZR phone? Well, now you can in a couple of quick steps with the help of Google Mobile Maps.
Google Mobile Maps or GMM for short, has been available for some time and is catching up with many cell phones users. It offers the same functionality as Google Maps on the web, but offers an interface optimize for your Motorola phone. In addition, it interacts real-time with other information to provide you up to date information on traffic. All of this with a single free JAVA (.jar) file software download from Google!
This guide will show you how to install the Google Mobile Maps application for your Motorola V3 RAZR phone, with a step-by-step picture guide to help you along the way. Please take note, that this does make use of your phone’s internet browser service, so usage charges may apply, depending on your plan.
Here is the step-by-step instructions.
1. Go to the browser on your Motorola V3 RAZR phone. Options (center top button) --> Browser (Media Net for AT&T/Cingular)
2. Go to options --> Go to URL
3. Enter ‘www.google.com/gmm’ into the dialog box.
4. Click on the ‘Download Google Maps’ link once the Google Mobile Maps page finishes loading.
5. Confirm the download size of 128K by clicking on the upper right selection button shown as ‘DOWNLD’
6. Google Maps.jar will download, in approximately 1 minute, depending on your connection speed.
7. Upon download completion the software will automatically install on your Motorola V3 RAZR.
8. After the application finishes the installation, it will ask you if you want to run Google Maps, select ‘Yes’.
9. The Google Maps application will take about 30 seconds to initialize. (Note: It instructs you not to use while driving, please adhere to this.)
10. The program application will now ask you to agree to the terms and conditions. Select ‘Accept’ on the right side.
11. The Google Maps for Mobile devices is now enabled on your V3 RAZR phone. You have all the options available to you including: Find Business, Find Location, Directions, Satellite View, Clear Map, Zoom, Show Traffic and more!
12. You can now use the Google Mobile Maps applications! Any time you want to exit you can do so by clicking on Options --> 0. Any time you want to return to the application, you can by going to Options --> Games (Games & Apps).
Guide is compatible with: RAZR V3, RAZR V3c, RAZR V3i, RAZR V3r, RAZR V3t, RAZR V3xx, RAZR V3m
Guide, Manual, Installation, Install, Tutorial, Step-by-Step, How to, Instructions