Here are a list of basic shortcuts that can be used with your RIM Blackberry device. These shortcuts work in most applications. This list was compiled from a number of sources including RIM.
- To move the cursor, roll the trackball.
- To exit a screen or to move to a previous page in a browser, press the Escape key.
- To move to a list item or menu item, type the first letter of the item.
- To select or clear a check box, click the Space key.
- To view available values in a field, press the Alt key.
- To switch applications, hold the Alt key and press the Escape key. Continue holding the Alt key and select an application. Release the Alt key.
- To return to the Home screen, press the End key.
- To delete a highlighted item, press the Backspace/Delete key.
- To turn on a theme or notification profile, select a theme or notification profile, then press the Space key.
Note: These shortcuts are compatible with the Blackberry 8800, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry Curve, and in some cases the Blackberry Pearl.