I had previously posted about Google making the Google Mobile Maps (GMM) available with GPS functionality for the Blackberry 8800. At the same time, TeleNav provides a full Navigation via GPS program with turn by turn directions for the Blackberry 8800. In order make an appropriate evaluation of the TeleNAV GPS Navigator and the Google Mobile Maps (GMM), I installed the TeleNAV program. Congratulations, you have completed the installation of the TeleNav GPS Navigator for the Blackberry 8800 and you can now get voice directions to your destination of choice!
The first 30 days are free when you sign up online. It is a little confusing as when you go through the TeleNAV it does not show the first 30-days free until after you check out. However, rest assured that you will not be charged for that first month.
Here is the installation process for the TeleNAV GPS Navigator on your Blackberry 8800:
1. Click on the blue TeleNAV GPS Navigator icon on your Blackberry with the trackball.
2. Choose the language you want to install as, scroll to the bottom and click to go to "Agree".
3. Choose the 'Download' link from the page "Voice GPS Directions on your Blackberry 8800."
4. Select the 'Download' to start the download of TeleNav North America GPS Navigator for Blackberry 8800 version 184.108.40.206, ~900k in size.
5. The download will commence, and will take approximately 2 minutes to complete.
6. Once the installation completes, click no the "Run" to start the GPS navigation program.
7. Choose your language / localization information.
9. Enter your Phone number and password for your TeleNav GPS account.
10. The final settings and voice information will be downloaded from the server.
Congratulations, you have completed the installation of the TeleNav GPS Navigator for the Blackberry 8800 and you can now get voice directions to your destination of choice!