Here are a list of phone shortcuts that can be used with your RIM Blackberry device. These shortcuts work in most phone applications or while you are on the phone in a call. This list was compiled from a number of sources including RIM.
- To answer a phone call, press the Send key.
- To view the contact list, hold the Send key.
- To insert a plus sign ( + ) when typing a phone number, hold 0.
- To add an extension to a phone number, press the Alt key and the X key, then type the extension number.
- To assign a speed dial number to a key, from the Home screen or in the Phone application, hold the key you want to assign. Type the phone number.
- To turn on the speakerphone during a call, press the Speakerphone key.
- To turn off the speakerphone during a call, press the Speakerphone key.
- To check your voice mail, hold 1.
- To type a letter in a phone number field, press the Alt key and the letter.
- To move to the top of the Phone screen, press the Space key.
- To view the last phone number that you typed, press the Space key and the Enter key. Press the Send key to dial the number.
Note: These shortcuts are compatible with the Blackberry 8800, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry Curve, and in some cases the Blackberry Pearl.