Receive updates via email:

Updates via RSS

Tag Cloud

Blog Archive

Monday, October 19, 2009

P2K Commander V5 (5.1.0 MR) is Available!

It's been quite some time since I have updated my site on the availability and features with P2K Commander. First off, I have been focused on a number of other things which have distracted me from keeping updated. But, then the creator of P2K Commander has made a number of changes to the site and availability and some of the initial vesions of P2K Commander V5 had some major issues with being able to establish connectivity to my Motorola V3 RAZR phone.

However, with the introduction of P2K Commander V5.1.0MR, which stands for Market Release -- a fully functional version of P2K Commander V5, that gets some great new bells and whistles. First, here is some history for P2K Commander V5 in terms of the releases:

P2kCommander-V5.0.0.zip 30-Jul-2008 20:42 357K
P2kCommander-V5.0.1.zip 01-Aug-2008 20:55 357K
P2kCommander-V5.0.2.zip 13-Aug-2008 21:26 358K
P2kCommander-V5.0.3.zip 18-Aug-2008 22:09 358K
P2kCommander-V5.0.5-MR.zip 03-Sep-2008 21:37 376K
P2kCommander-V5.0.6-MR.zip 30-Sep-2008 20:48 378K
P2kCommander-V5.0.7-MR.zip 03-Nov-2008 08:26 379K
P2kCommander-V5.0.8-MR.zip 04-Dec-2008 14:59 417K
P2kCommander-V5.1.0-MR.zip 06-Jan-2009 21:11 419K

Looking for updates to this list, the complete P2K Commander release list can be found here:

This article is a part of the complete guide to Motorola Phones, Modding, Software, and Troubleshooting guide. For additionl articles on Motorola Phone tools and other tips, please click here.

The great news about P2K Commander V5; is that it is the most fully functional and user friendly P2K Commander created thus far. In addition, it is packed with some great new features and updates that include some of the following items:
  • P2k over USBLAN support
  • P2K over USBLAN for reading/writing files, download hidden files, create/delete folders, filefilters, new paritions.
  • New logging code, autodetect if startup mode and phone type differ (p2k vs usblan)
  • Updated scripting (.p2kc files) for use with backup/restore user files.
  • Backup folders, recursively copy folders and containing files

And from my perspective, the use of P2K Commander V5.1.0MR was my best experience yet, here's how it went:

• First off, when P2K Commander V5 starts up -- there is a snazzy new graphic of a Motorola RAZR phone rotating around. Entertaining update to the software.
  • After start-up the detection of a new version actually works. It notified me that there was an updated version of P2K Commander available and asked me if I wanted to download it. Since the download location changed recently; this feature is broken in many previous versions.
  • Lastly, the automatic detection of which mode you should be using worked very well. By default in V5, P2K Commander starts you up in P2K05 over USBLAN where my phone only works with P2K/P2K05 (USBLAN / Samba / Netbios and USBLAN / Ftp are two other options). The software detected my phone and automatically switched. The startup completed properly, connected to my phone and immediately pulled all of the data back

P2K Commander V5 was a homerun from my perspective after a few troublesome beta-like releases. If you need to update your P2K Commander to V5, V5.1.0-MR is the release you want.

Here are a couple of screenshots and descriptions of the tryout...

The new introduction graphic of a Motorola RAZR phone rotating as the P2K Commander V5 Application loads

The pop-up informs you that a newer version of P2K Commander is available and will pop you out to the download area so you can update.

After recognizing my connection mode via P2K05 over USBLAN would not work, it moved me back to P2k/P2k05, connected my phone automatically and read the files on my Motorola RAZR V3 properly.

0 comments: